The DogSpotters Mobile App Has Been Discontinued
We are working on moving our dog breed identification app to the web!
How does DogSpotting work?
Here’s how to be a Dog Spotter!
- Look for purebred dogs in your neighborhood, at your local dog park, at a dog show, in the park, or when you’re traveling!
- The only rule is you have to see them live! — NOT in pictures, on TV or in the movies.
- Be creative — where could dogs be hanging out?
- Identify the breeds you see.
- Use the DogID feature in your DogSpotters app.
- Tap Similar on a breed page, or check the May Be Confused With section of Breed Info to narrow it down.
- Depend on your own knowledge, but confirm with the dog owner.
- Or just ask the dog owner right out!
- Add a Sighting in your DogSpotters app, or just mark off the breed on your DogSpotting Breed List (pdf).
- Tap the gray circle on the Breeds List or the specific breed info page to create a Sighting.
- Decide whether to post the Sighting to Facebook.
- Decide whether to edit your Sighting.
- You can add a title, text note, audio note, or photo to your Sighting if you like.
- Build your My Sightings List and try to complete Lists of breeds from different regions of the world, long and low breeds, most popular breeds, rarest breeds, different AKC® groups, and many more.
For extra fun:
- Earn ribbons and build your DogSpotting IQ with the DogSpotters Breed Identification Game.
- Explore interesting breeds via the Breeds List, Breed Info pages and Links to more information.
- Listen to American pronunciations of breed names.
- Share Sightings, List completions and Game achievements with your friends on Facebook!