- July can be very HOT. Be sure your pets have shade and plenty of water.
- Be sure to keep alcohol and party food out of your dogs’ reach. Ask your guests not to give“treats to your dogs (or provide pet-healthy treats).
- Loud noises from parties and fireworks can be very distressing for pets. Be sure your dogs have a safe, quiet place for your pet to “escape.” This is especially important if your dogs are left alone while you are out watching the fireworks!
- If your dog has anxiety problems, ask your vet (in advance) if medication may ease the stress.
- Make sure your dog’s tags are current. If you haven’t already dog so, this would be a good time to get your dogs microchipped. More pets get lost on July 4th than any other day of the year.
And for our Canadian friends, get details on Canada Day Celebrations at canada-day-events.com.